The Mother Son Dance is a relatively recent trend at Weddings, but because most of the attention is on the bride and her family, this is a great way for the Groom to have a nice moment to share with his mother.
Here’s a list of the most popular requests we’ve gotten for the “Mother-Son Dance Songs” also known as the “Groom and Mother Wedding Dance.” Feel free to leave us your suggestions as well, we’d love to hear from you! Click on the songs in Pink to redirect to “youtube” and hear a sample of the song, but remember to click the back button to return to our site! If these are too sappy for you and your mom, pick something more fun and upbeat. It’s your wedding, do what you want!
If you’re looking for Father-Daughter Dance Songs Click Here!!
These songs are in no particular order:
1. Unforgettable– Nat King Cole (also w/Natalie Cole)
2. In My Life – The Beatles
3. What a Wonderful World– Louis Armstrong
4. A Song For Mama– Boys II Men
5. Blessed– Elton John
6. Have I Told you Lately That I Love You– Rod Stewart or Van Morrison
7. I Hope You Dance– Leanne Womack
8. My Wish– Rascal Flatts
9. You are the Sunshine of My Life– Stevie Wonder
10. You Raised Me Up– Josh Groban
11. Because You Loved Me– Celine Dion
12. Close to You– Carpenters
13. God Bless the Child– Tony Bennett (other artists)
14. Mama’s Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys– Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson